Emko Building + Je Reve Restaurant
Type: Historic Adaptive Re-use With Commercial Kitchen Addition
Year Completed: 2014
Area: 25,563 SF
Winner of the 2015 Historic Preservation Award for excellence in Rehabilitation/ Adaptive re-use, This 26,000 S.F. Mediterranean revival building was designed in in 1926 as a South Florida’s first Cadillac dealership. The showroom was located in the front one-story building, while the car repair area was located in the rear 3-story building. Renovation to the building included a new restaurant in the front building, a reception area, offices and a private art gallery in the 3 story rear building. Addition to the building included a new commercial kitchen, exterior dining areas and a landscaped sculpture garden.